Flint Hills Beverage is the leading beverage wholesaler in the Kansas Flint Hills region with our offices in Manhattan and Osage City, Kansas. We proudly employ over 50 dedicated individuals and provide a diverse portfolio of the industries top brands. Since 2000, Flint Hills Beverage has been delivering first class service to our 500 plus retailers spread over 15 counties. Our mission is to help customers and ourselves achieve our mutually beneficial goals by providing the best products, ideas, information and services in the beverage industry.
Interested in joining the Flint Hills Beverage family? Check back here for careers and job postings.
Select the tab with the corresponding position for a detailed job description.
The purpose of a Route Relief Sales & Service Representative/ Merchandiser is to oversee the business relationship with a group of customers and provide supervision for Merchandisers across all delivery by performing the following duties. Merchandisers are developed and mentored to become familiar with the various roles of sales and operations. We are looking for an energetic individual with a strong sense of responsibility to join and contribute to our team.
Flint Hills Beverage is the leading beverage wholesaler in the Kansas Flint Hills region with our offices in Manhattan and Osage City, Kansas. This is a full-time salary position and reports to the Flint Hills Beverage Sales Manager.
- Performing the duties of the Sales & Service Reps whenever they take time off or during holiday or other shortened work weeks requiring route coverage
- Complete a weekly schedule and recap of prior week accomplishments to Sales Manager and General Manager by Monday AM.
- Maximize sales of beverage products in assigned accounts by increasing distribution, shelf space, displays, securing price points, draught taps, merchandising, etc.
- Maintain regular call frequency on all assigned retail accounts to meet sales obligations and customer needs when assigned route relief
- Line clean all draft accounts as assigned or during route relief
- Ensure published freshness standards in all assigned retail accounts that are in line with monthly Finish Product Loss (FPL) budget
- Provide periodic feedback regarding our beverage products and competitive market data
- Work with all departments to resolve customer service issues (e.g. credit/collection, deliveries, etc.)
- Attend sales/team meetings as directed by management along with daily interaction with manager to discuss sales issues, competitive activities, and opportunities to maximize sales efforts
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions as necessary
- Help train new sales team personnel as directed by management
- Assist sales team in achieving merchandising objectives including: permanent, temporary, and custom POS placement and maintenance
- Fill in for the POS manager during his time off as needed
- Assist sales team with draft equipment installation and maintenance
- High school diploma or GED certificate required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Must be able to qualify for and obtain a CDL driver’s license with our training/equipment and have and maintain a safe driving record
- Ensure all required training is up to date
- One (1) year of selling or merchandising experience (preferred)
- Highly self-motivated and results oriented with the ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, and be attentive to details
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to understand and read invoices, load sheets, job orders, installation instructions and calculate simple math functions
- Ability to move products weighing up to 165 lbs. as well as hang merchandise and be able to fulfill other physical requirements including: Repetitive lifting (up to 50 lbs overhead), bending, pulling/pushing (Push/pull up to 340 pounds on a two-wheeler)
- Health, dental, vision benefits
- Paid Sick, Holiday and Vacation
- Profit Sharing
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Flint Hills Beverage, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.